"You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering."
Ernest Hemingway (via killheji)
Just where I avoid adulthood as much as possible. Usually by obsessing over fandom things.
- How-to Choose
- How-to Pair w/Food
- Using The Right Glass Shows You Have Class
- Basic Types of Wine
- Expanded typing of Wines
- What Temp For EachType of Wine
- Knowing Your Wine Colors
- Wine Type Descriptions
- Caloric Comparison vs. Beer
A friend once told me (while discussing wines & spirits) to learn about coffees too… " Because you’ll eventually need them, if / when you enjoy too much good spirits."How to be an Adult 201
i’ve been working at a liquor store that specializes in mostly wine for about 5 years, and while i’ve gained a decent amount of wine knowledge, there’s a shit ton here that i didn’t know about!
Wine is a huge and amazing and tasty world of wonder and experience and learning to pair a good wine with a meal is SO satisfying aaaaaaaaaa
GONNA SEE DISNEY PRINCESS’ PLAY TONIGHT!
PACK REUNION!!! :D :D :D It’s been like over two months this is NOT an okay thing, what the hell guys…
This was recorded by the Portsmouth Sinfonia in an experiment where all the members of the orchestra would swap instruments with each other and attempt to play them to the best of their ability.
favorite things about this
- literally all the brass starts to get the hang of it and then the crescendos happen and everyone is like FUCK FUCK FUCK??? FUCK. JUST. BLOW RLY HARD.
- the strings are lazy but also the same. like u can tell a lot of the ppl w/ the stringed instruments may already basically know how to play stringed instruments. like there’s definitely a section at the beginning where you hear a good portion going “oh yeah this is like. a smaller/bigger version of what i do.”
- all you hear of any woodwinds is just “pffffttt??? pFFFTTTT???? PFFFFFTTTT I SAID PFFFFTTTT!!!!!” bc woodwinds are fucking HARD and you hear after like the first crescendo half of them just give up. they give up. they’re done. fuck this it tastes weird and my lips hurt.
- that trumpet. that person is fucking TRYING man they fucking GOT this. they may not have figured out notes but they figured out LOUD and they GOT this.
I JUST DIED
"Tauriel’s awkward facial expressions during the dungeon scene" appreciation post. (x)
Okay, but seriously though, Tauriel being the most socially awkward little muffin that ever did live is one of my favourite headcanons from the movies. I just love the idea of her being this incredibly badass, don’t-fucking-mess-with-me Captain of the Guard who’s incredibly beautiful and graceful and competent at her job — but who also has a ridiculously hard time talking about things that aren’t archery and knives and violently slaughtering things.
I mean, look at the third gif. Tauriel pulls that face after Kili makes the “whosoever looks upon this talisman shall be fOVREVER CURSED” comment. She is fully prepared to just awkward the fuck out of there. Like ‘shit fuck shit I thought we were having an okay conversation mAYBE NOT TAURIEL OUT’ — and then her face when she realizes he’s making a joke!! It just screams ‘slightly lonely elf lady who’s thrown herself into being awesome at her job for thousands of years and doesn’t really know how to normal conversation’ to me.
I mentioned it to thebatwiggler and she mentioned how cute it would be if Tauriel really wanted to kiss Kili, but kept fretting over how. Like, will bending down insult him?? Should she find something for him to stand on?? And so she tries to always be sitting down or slouching when he’s around and eventually he’s just like ‘miss are you okay???’ and Tauriel’s like YES I AM FINE TOTALLY FINE THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE MOTIVE TO THIS WHATSOEVER I’M GOING TO GO KILL SOMETHING GOOD DAY SIR and I just
I love awkward Tauriel okay she is my favourite.